Design Assist: How Can We Help?
Early design assist participation in complex projects allows us to put our proactive, problem-solving approach to work, assuring the project can be completed on time and within budget. Pereira Electric approaches design assist projects with our in-house design capabilities and expertise.
We understand the critical nature of meeting the budget and completion schedule, but also recognize the need to remain flexible and allow for customer revisions as the design continues to develop throughout the project. Our experience allows us to manage this process and work with the owner and engineer to achieve the desired results as efficiently and economically as possible.
Design Assist Services Include
- Budgeting and Conceptual Estimating
- Value Analysis and Cost Savings Alternatives
- Constructability Review
- Long Lead Equipment Procurement
- Project Scheduling and Coordination
- MEP Coordination
- Quality Electrical Construction
How Does the Design Assist Process Work?
Primary engineering and design remains the responsibility of an outside engineering team. Pereira Electric will offer suggestions, coordination, management and quality control/compliance. We also provide all CAD details and elevations for electrical rooms, specialty equipment rough-in, and special systems for approval and distribution to other trades.
Through the electrical design assist process we provide you with:
- Early review of the specifications and design narrative with appropriate questions and scope clarification
- Analysis of all possible scope gray areas in terms of access, feasibility, and risk
- Review of schematic design while offering suggestions and/or comments regarding past history of similar projects
- Potential cost-savings analysis of design and layout of devices
- Early coordination with other trades (mostly mechanical)
- Light fixture specification analysis and alternatives with various manufacturers for review by the engineer, architect, and owner
- Detailed layout and dimensions of electrical rooms and panel locations
- Provide trade coordination and overlay drawings for all critical areas with power and special systems
- Coordination with owners and owners consultants for all specialty equipment
- As-built drawings while maintaining updated sets throughout project